The Albuquerque Area Dental Support Center's primary focus is working to fulfill our goals of:
- Providing support, guidance, training and enhancement of Albuquerque Area dental programs.
- Ensuring the services of the AADSC and the Area dental programs result in measurable improvements in the oral health status of the America Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) patients served.
The Dental Support Center provides training, technical assistance, and other support to dental clinics in the Albuquerque Area of the Indian Health Service, including New Mexico, southern Colorado and El Paso, Texas. Through continuing education opportunities, the development and distribution of materials, and other activities, the Dental Support Center works diligently to support the improvement the oral health status of Native Americans.
Albuquerque Area Dental Support Center provides:
- Continuing education opportunities for dental professionals working in Indian Country
- Training in communication techniques, use of the media, customer service, workflow enhancement, relationship development, and other topics
- Data collection and analysis
- Site specific support to Area dental programs
- Development and implementation of communication strategies to increase awareness of the importance of oral health
The Dental Support Center has many roles and accomplishments including :
- Providing services and/or technical support to 100% of Area dental programs
- Providing awards for Clinic Specific Special Project mini-grants
- Being the Area point of contact for development and implementation of the National IHS Oral Health Surveillance System
- Winner of 3 national awards for print materials: First Tooth — First Exam, 2009 Children's Dental Health Month materials and A Healthy Mouth for Life
- National Indian Health Service 5 year grant recipient following 15 years of other IHS funding support
- Area lead of the Annual Children Dental Health Month campaign each February
What independent evaluators have said about the performance of the Albuquerque Area Dental Support Center:
- "results clearly demonstrate that the Albuquerque Area Dental Support Center’s excellence in program planning/development, implementation and evaluation. In addition, the results from the two Stakeholder Surveys offered consistently positive comments and feedback to the AADSC, not only with regard to the service and support provided but the professional, responsive, efficient and welcoming manner in which they were provided. Also, the AADSC has cultivated a deserved reputation for being culturally appropriate and competent in its efforts and products and has given a “very positive face to dental” in the Area." Dr. Reginald Louie
- "the program is planning carefully to achieve a balanced mix of services to address a wide spectrum of program efforts. The satisfaction surveys of the Dental Chiefs and conference call which the Evaluator participated in showed very positive comments and feedback to AADSC and the services it provides. The staff of AADSC are obviously responsive to expressed needs and have developed a wealth of culturally specific resource materials. Good support is being provided in arranging continuing education and peer reviews." Dr. Scott Presson
For more information on how the Dental Support Center can help you, please contact the Director, Elaine Sanchez at email@example.com or 505-345-6289.
If you are having trouble seeing the video, please click here